Spring Term - 2020
Welcome back after the Christmas break, we are looking forward to a fantastic term!
Our class book for this half term is ‘The Indian in the Cupboard’ by Lynne Reid Banks. Linked to this, our topic will focus on the indigenous people of North America and mountain habitats.
You will not only learn about the magnificent mountain ranges all around the world but also how deadly they can be for those who dare to explore them.
We ask you to come on a journey with us to discover how these amazing natural wonders were created, what kind of animals (or creatures) live on them as well as investigating their habitats and both the natural and man-made environmental impacts.
- Discover how these giants are formed – as a fold or block, a dome or plateau.
- Use atlases and maps to locate these amazing natural wonders.
- Follow the water cycle course from peak to valley.
- Discover the indigenous people of North America.
Whatever your interest, this topic will peak your enthusiasm as well as unlock ideas and thoughts you never knew were there. So come and join us on a journey of discovery, wonder and awe.
'In It To Win It'
To attend the Always Reward Cinema each term and a day out at the end of the year and
earn your weekly raffle ticket to enter the prize draw for £100 all you need to do is…
- Read 5 times in a week and have it recorded in your planner signed by an adult.
- Read during a school holiday
- Bring your PE kit on a Monday and take it home Friday.
- Your child will receive times tables and spellings practice sheets every Friday which need to be completed by the following Thursday.
& Mrs King
Please use the link below to view our Curriculum Map
Need to practise your Times Tables? Click the link and play the game.
We thank you for your continued support in your child’s learning, if you have any questions or concerns, we have an open door policy for you to speak with your child’s teacher or any other member of staff.