Have a look at the OFSTED page for a copy of our new OFSTED report
Welcome to Castle Hills Primary School's Website
World Book Day 2019
Thank you to the parents/carers who attended our Reading Breakfast that started our day off.
All the children looked fantastic in their costumes and enjoyed a day of fun relating to the books they read in Literacy and at home!
Hello and welcome. I am very proud to be Headteacher of Scawthorpe Castle Hills Primary School in which all pupils of different genders, cultures and backgrounds succeed together in harmony.
We are a friendly, caring school with high expectations for all our pupils. Our children are encouraged to explore, discover and question through a range of exciting learning opportunities both within and outside the classroom. The staff endeavour to provide a calm and stimulating environment where good behaviour and mutual respect is modelled by everyone and where everyone is valued.
We work in partnership with parents/carers and the wider community to ensure the success of our children. We believe that children deserve the best possible chances in life and that they learn best when there are strong links between home and school.
New to Scawthorpe Castle Hills?
Choosing the right school for your child is crucial. We firmly believe that Castle Hills is an exceptional school and we always welcome visits from prospective parents, so that we can share with you our passion for learning and our commitment to our children and their families. If you are new to Castle Hills, then I hope that you are able to find all the information you need on this website. If you have any other questions, please contact me directly at the school.
Mrs S McBride
Being the Best we can Be!
Castle Hills Primary School are delighted to offer 30 hour places for our nursery children, from September 2017. Please click HERE to access further information
Thank you for your visit to our school's website - Please come back soon.
apply online now @
Primary admission 2019-20 available apply online now @
Secondary Admissions 2019/20 apply online now @
Inset Days (Training Days)
Sept - July 2018-2019
Monday 3rd September 2018
Tuesday 4th September 2018
Friday 21st December 2018
Monday 3rd June 2019
Monday 22 July 2019
Latest School Events
- Science Week - Science/STEM activities all week plus Warburton's learning us how to make bread. Also, can we make a motor controlled car?25Mar2019
- Parent/Carers Evening @1pm - 7pm in the Main Junior Hall03Apr2019
- F1 (Nursery) Mrs Hodgson - Family Workshop @8:30am and 12:15pm (Classroom) Parents/Carers invited04Apr2019
- 3A Mr Hargraves - Family Workshop @1:30pm - (Classroom) Parents/Carers invited05Apr2019
- 6H (Mr Harris) Family Workshop @1:30pm (Classroom) Parents/Carers invited09Apr2019
- F2C (Mrs Cronin) & F2/Y1T (Miss Tims) Family Workshop @1:30pm (Infant Hall) Parents/Carers invited10Apr2019
- 1/2S (Mrs Snaith) & 2S (Miss Simister) Family Workshop @1:30pm (Main Hall) Parents/Carers invited11Apr2019
- Non-Uniform Day - £1 donation towards purchase of new library books & reading scheme books.12Apr2019
- Easter Half Term15Apr2019